Tuesday 9 February 2010

Surf trip on the mainland 3, 4.

Being arrived 3.

After a full British breakfast I went to the town to take pics from and of cliffs. I walked in the small streets and I felt the whole town makes a living from surfing. Long row of surf shops in the main street, you could hire board and wetsuit anywhere. Even if Newquay has only 20 000 habitant in summertime this figure jumps up to 100 thousand(s). Imagine three people squeezed in a normal bath, surfing here seems like this for me.

Around 10-11 am, I just saw that waves were good to ride them. I went back to the hotel, picked up my stuff, struggled to find a proper place (where I didn’t have to pay for parking), jumped into the half wet wetsuit, run into the water. It was challenging rather than perfect, but yeahhhhh, good! After about two-two and a half hours session I was back to the hotel, and next to do on my list was to find a pair of roller skate shoes.

(Don Quijote's nightmare via Truro) Ok it’s weird looking for roller skates in the capital of British surfing, but I promised to myself that I buy a proper pair on the mainland. I drove to Truro, it’s about 15 miles far from Newquay. I couldn’t find any but I have a new watch. The previous one, the Gul was taken away from me by the ocean in Jersey. I think we didn’t liked each other too much and it just went way. OK, go, be happy! But even though I have a new time meter it’s not the beginning of a new time period.

Tunnel vision 4.

My projects for today were surfing at Fistal and keep looking for proper roller skate shoes. I just went down to the town centre and started asking retailers about good pair of shoes. Eventually I find something that doesn’t have any blade on the middle and four wheels but it has three fins at the back end. Yeah, I must admit I bought, again, a board. Second hand, because until I’m good enough I won’t buy a new one! That is the agreement with me.

You can blame me that I have Tunnel Vision but it is literally true, that’s the brand name of my new board. So for £ 190, I could buy a full equipped nice board, nice red one, actually. The colour dynamic is overwhelming if you see this beside my blue Bilbo.

I didn’t hesitate and went down to the Fistal. The Fistal! One of the most famous surf places in the UK. Tough, choppy waves but I struggled two hours among them, so that I could feel this longer board. Bilbo length is a 6’2”, Tunnel Vision is a 6’10” one, but TV is less stable, much easier to get tilt at one of the sides and get off it. Today, a lot small waves hidden into the big ones did this favour for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment