Monday 8 February 2010

Surf trip on the Mainland 2.

In the Capital of British Surf

Sidmouth or Bath, that was the question this morning, Sidmouth was the answer. On the way to there I had to stop at couple of places to take pics. I love the British countryside, and swinging on the slim roads isn’t comparable. The best place was an old motor museum somewhere around Seaton and Cloyford.

Down Sidmouth I asked a bloke about waves, and he told me, today I couldn’t expect anything good. Anyway, the upper side of south west peninsula is always better, from this angle. So after taking some breathtaking pics, again, there, I jumped back to the car and drove to Newquay, the capital of British surfing.

Amazing place, as far as I know the town has about 20000 inhabitant, it’s not a big one, but how little sugar candy! I just could take a quick look to the Fistal, I saw the swell, ahhh, clear lines-up, and the water, not like that dirty, sink risen liquid at Kimmeridge, but clear, deep blue. I just stormed in the middle of the town and, at the town beach, got into the water. Imagine a magical place, where there is a sand beach divided by couple of huge rocks, some of them connected by bridges to each other. Just wow! The whole place is about surf! You can come across surf board fabric shops everywhere. I found the Bilbo factory (My first board is a Bilbo, but when I was writing this post this was the only one)! You can book in advance to learn how to surf at every second house.

I wasn’t sure that I would be able to surf today. But I managed it. I met a carpenter guy and his mates at the car park, he showed me the shortest way to the water, and gave me some advice. Eventually I could ride for one or one and a half hour. According to the magicseaweed two-three perfect days are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment